Big Mac Salad Recipe
Here it is, the infamous Big Mac Salad Recipe! So easy but so good. You don't make friends with salad... unless it looks and tastes like this lol.
- 1lbs hamburger
- 2tbsp Deadly Bovine Rub (can be substituted with your favorite beef rub)
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- 1 head iceburg lettuce (shredded)
- Sesame Seeds for garnish
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Mustard
- 1/4 cup Mayonaise
- Finely diced pickles (your own desired amount)
- 1tbsp Just Give'r Rub (can be substituted with any garlicky rub/seasoning)
Start by combining all of your sauce ingredients in a small bowl. The amounts is a rough guide, taste and adjust as needed/desired. Once combined set aside in your refrigerator.
- Shred your lettuce. To core this head of lettuce easily you can smash it on your counter with the core side down. This will separate the leaves nicely as well as break the core out from underneath. Simply pull the core out and you are ready to start shredding. This can be plated immediately after finishing.
Heat a pan to medium high heat (dial set between 6 & 7).
Add olive oil and diced onions to pan. Season with 1/2 tbsp of Deadly Bovine rub.
Let the onions cook for 3-4 minutes or until translucent. When they are done clear the center of the pan for your hamburger.
DO NOT break down the hamburger to start. Lay it in the center of your pan and press down lightly on it to sear it. Pour the remaining amount for Deadly Bovine rub over top of the hamburger. Let this sear for a few minutes or until browned. (You want your hamburger to sear on the first side to replicate the way a hamburger is cooked. It will give you the texture that you are looking for.)
- When the bottom of the hamburger is seared you can start to break it up and blend with the onions. Cook through completely and set aside.
- Time to build! Use a spoon and scoop your hamburger over the already plated lettuce. Pour your desired amount of dressing over the top and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Time to dig in and make sure you lick that plate clean!